Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Measuring tools

I have come up with some tools which from the tutorial I have decided would be the best ones to use in measuring up the town hall subway station. The 5 main aspects in which I am to take into the consideration of the site are : geometry, materiality, light, sound and interaction.

Photographs
The most obvious choice. These will allow me to measure such things as:
-Lighting – through different photographs I will be able to find where the light sources are coming from, how might light they give off, how strong the light is, how it interacts with the environment.
-Geometry – through having photographs of the site, I will be able to work out the geometry which has been used through the station. Things such as signs, vending machines, ticket booths e.t.c.
-Materiality – the photos will allow me to gather the colour of different objects, if they have certain textures.
- Interaction – the photos will also allow me to monitor the interactions throughout the station, such as the flow of movement throughout the station, where people are more commonly bound to move around.

Video
Video gets me the same advantages of a photograph, but with one added bonus -
Having video of the site will allow me to measure the images along with the sound that might be coming out of the station. Moving around with the video camera will also allow me to measure how strong the sound is in certain locations.

Measurements
I am also planning on taking a tape measure to measure out such things as small walls, tiles, doors, heights of certain things, e.t.c.

No comments:

Post a Comment